BikeBedford.org > Minutes & Archives > Minutes > BBAC20060412minutes.html

Bedford Bicycle Advisory Committee

(approved 2006 May 10)

April 12, 2006

Present: Ray Ruetenik, Don Blake, Joel Parks, Bob Sawyer, Charlie Schwerin, Jerry Van Hook, Stew Kennedy, Ted Packard, Charlie Webster, and Holly Webster

7:40 Meeting called to order. March minutes were approved.

Continuing:

  1. Minuteman Bikeway Extension Joel talked about this for the benefit of our out-of-town visitors. The next step we must take is to give our VHB presentation to the Community Preservation Committee, as soon as possible, to be able to present it to the town at the next special town meeting in September.
  2. Bridge Street Path Ralph Hammond will be the steward for this path and will start his patrolling after Rich Warrington has made a pass through with the brush cutter.
  3. Sidewalk passability No additional news at this time.
  4. Joint BBAC/PB meeting Holly received another packet regarding a new restaurant in the East Bedford Industrial Area that she will share at our next meeting. This relationship is not exactly what Joel had envisioned. Holly will contact the Planning Board to find out the dates of their meetings after May 10, at which time we will decide and ask for a five minute slot on their agenda.
  5. East Bedford Industrial Area Joel has made no contacts yet but plans to do so, and Ralph will go with him.
  6. Bicycle racks Joel will contact Rich about placing the racks near the others at Depot Park
  7. Transportation committee Bob reported that their committee did not have a quorum and cancelled the meeting
  8. Accident Report We have a problem in that only accidents involving autos make the police report. Ralph will talk to his friend Kevin and let him know that we are only interested in the actual accident and the possible cause. We need no names.
  9. Summer local bike rides Susan Grieb did not attend tonight, but Joel says that she is indeed willing to lead one or more rides. Holly will attempt to send Joel the Riverfest route that was followed last year and he will add it to the web site.
  10. New Member Holly read an e-mail from Mike McGinnis that was a refusal.

New:

  1. Police Bike Safety Clinic June 3/10 from 9:00am until noon. Planning will be discussed at the next meeting.

Next scheduled meeting May 10, Town Center, 7:30pm

Meeting adjourned 8:30pm.

Bedford Friends of the Minuteman Bikeway

Minutes approved.

Continuing:

  1. Election of Directors and Officers Ralph has agreed to be a board member until 2009. The following slate was presented: For Director-at-large (term expiry year): Ralph Hammond (2009), and for officers: President - - Ray Ruetenik, Vice President - Bob Sawyer, Secretary - Holly Webster, and Treasurer - Don Blake. All officers are elected for one year. The slate of officers was unanimously approved as well as the suggested budget of $400 for the next year.
  2. Don Blake, treasurer, reported that we have $1072.68 in our account, with 123 memberships, 17 of which are complimentary. He had no idea of how many are up-to-date.
  3. Bikeway We will discuss at our next meeting having the fall issue e-mailed to members. At the moment the costs include $.34 for printing and $.39 for postage.
  4. Pan Mass Challenge June 17. We will also discuss at our next meeting any preparations we will need to make for our table.

Open Discussion:

Meeting adjourned 9:45pm.

Valid XHTML 1.0! re-validate this page
http://validator.w3.org/check/referer